How to grow Garlic

0 votes
asked Mar 24, 2013 by Annie Ferreira
I've never grown Garlic, and would like to start.  I there any one that can give me some tips. My vegi Patch is boxed beddings.  Annie

3 Answers

+1 vote
answered Mar 24, 2013 by Deleted User

Hi

These websites will give you all the info you need.

www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/growing_garlic.aspx (home of garlic growing in the uk)

www.accidentalsmallholder.net/vegetables/growing/garlic-growing

Thanks for the link, I got all my answers from the site.  50 bulbs is now in "Annie's Vegi Patch" and I can't wait for them to come up. Annie
+2 votes
answered Apr 2, 2013 by Mariah Redwood
Plant your best garlic cloves fuzzy butt down in your planting pots. The cloves should bulbs the size of the bulb they came off. This garlic should be planted in the fall so the root system has the opportunity to grow all winter. Come spring they will pop their head up and start growing the bulb. The rest can be learned later. There are many good web sites where you can learn from professional garlic growers how to determine when your garlic is ready for harvest.

The wonderful thing is you can plant your cloves now and after they start growing you can pull them up and use them as needed. I call this my green garlic. It's not ready as a mature bulb but it has tons of flavor. Wash well, chop finely and saute.
Thank you Mariah, I had a look now and 50 bulbs I planted last week is coming above ground, I'm very excited to get the end result and really appreciate your comment. Kind regards Annie
0 votes
answered Aug 3, 2018 by benjamin morris16

hai,

Very interesting question.Garlic cloves should be planted narrow end up. Garlic cloves are best planted between November and April, although you will generally get a bigger and better crop if you plant in the autumn.I presently work for a best essay writing service and I'm used to write some articles whenever I get some free time.You can reffer this site.