When to start growing fruit?

0 votes
asked May 6, 2013 by Heidi Honberger
I would like to add strawberries and blueberries to my garden.  When can I add them and is now a good time?

2 Answers

0 votes
answered May 6, 2013 by serena covone
well, fruit don t work as for veggies, even strawberries won t produce until they reach the second yr, so i suggest that u start looking around for what u would like, and see when its available to buy.

then u plan ur garden, where u want them, buy them and start taking care of the plants till they will bare fruits for u.

bye

serena
0 votes
answered May 16, 2013 by Joan Joyce
you can plant pot grown plants anytime. pot grown strawberries which are Autumn fruiting should give you a crop this year , However it might be better to take off the flowers/immature fruits and do the same with any blueberries to allow the plants to cocentrate on establishing and building a good root system. Your patience will be well rewardrd in coming years.  when buying strawberries don't  buy too many. You will be able to create more by rooting the runners in a good compost in small pots. Do not detach the runner from the parent plant until it is rooted as this is its source of food until then.