our bell peppers are being eaten by something we cannot see no bugs they must be eating at nite what is it ?

0 votes
asked Jun 12, 2013 by Gale Mack

3 Answers

0 votes
answered Jun 13, 2013 by roy healy
is it your peppers or the leaves are they in pots or in the ground.
0 votes
answered Jul 8, 2013 by Lisa Baker Whittaker
Try spraying the plants with soap water (literally soapy water) - don't know what insect it is but if you go out late evening with a flash light then you might be able to ID it and find a specific deternt.

If the plant is in a pot then try lifting it to a higher position (onto a table or putting a brick under it - somtimes this helps).

Don't know whether this site will be any help? http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/pepper/common-pepper-plant-problems.htm
0 votes
answered Jul 27, 2013 by Lisa Brady
My Bell Peppers were going missing from the green house as I don't live where my garden is it remained a mistery, eventualy I found I had a whole community of slugs and snails living in the green house,under some pots in the bottom of the of the green house they are so sneaky, they were not touching the tomatoes . They would have the whole plant off .The best advise is putting them up high as you can as suggested if you can't try some gravel or broken ceramics around them and even a copper ring as the plant gets older I think they find them less tasty.