My cherry tree doesn't produce fruit.

0 votes
asked Jun 25, 2013 by Janet Palmeri
It has numerous flowers every year but they mostly fall off before they can become cherries.  The tree is about three years old and it has another nearby to cross-pollinate.  My garden is very sheltered with hedges all around. It is very disappointing to see so many blossoms and then very few cherries. Should I feed it with something?
related to an answer for: CHERRY TREE

2 Answers

0 votes
answered Jul 4, 2013 by Joan Joyce
Different cultivars mature at different rates so it can take between 4 and 7 years to get a decent crop. However you should get a few fruits from around year 3 and that seems to be the case as you say you have a few cherries. You might want to check your variety and the estimated maturing time,

Cherry trees need the right conditions to thrive,They do best in full sun with good drainage and nutrient rich soil and a nearby pollinator but it sounds like you have addressed all these issues. I suspect you just need to be patient, though be aware that adverse weather and pest or disease could affect your yield in years to come.,
0 votes
answered Aug 4, 2018 by Larry A.Mason

Do you have sour cherry tree or sweet cherry tree? Sour cherry trees mature at around the three to five year mark and sweet cherry trees at four to seven years. Most of the problems with cherry tree result from environmental conditions such as climate and weather. Cultural practices, such as watering, fertilizing and pruning; pollination and fruiting habit may be also the reason. The climate and weather affecting the tree can be a major factor in non-bearing cherry trees. Temperatures below 29 degrees Fahrenheit (-1 C) may prevent the formation of fruit and need not occur during full bloom to affect the cherry tree fruit. All fruiting trees need some cool temperatures to promote growth and end their dormant  phase.

Online dissertation writing service can rescue you from academic works if you are facing struggle in collecting materials, writing in an organized manner, editing and proofreading.