Wil I get help with the equipment

0 votes
asked Jul 3, 2013 by Timothy Marufu
We are African Cultural Association based in Oldham we have a groud which is 30m by 30m cemented we would like to grow

some plans such as cabeges tomato and other plans. Would  you help us getting some free Ports to use grow these plans.

Also can we be provided with rich soil. We have 2 to 3 year olds kids who are attendind school and we would like them to know

that vegitables are not gown in supermarkets .will that be a good idea please advise

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jul 3, 2013 by Joan Joyce

Currently there is a lot of initiatives in the UK to encourage organisations and individuals to grow locally. I live in London so don't know much about the north. I kow that Groundworks operate in your area. Contact details for Groundworks local to you

Groundwork Oldham & Rochdale, Environment Centre, Shaw Road, Higginshaw, Oldham OL1 4AW

T : 0161 624 1444 

F : 0161 624 1555

They should be able to provide good advice and help to sighpost you to local resources that might be available. You might also want to talk to the folks at Fullwood Community Garden to see what advice they can  offer on fundraising strategies.

Good Luck