I put in some thyme it is going really well all byitself, what good plants would benefit from being planted near thyme?

+1 vote
asked Sep 11, 2013 by myra hogan
If thyme is the herb in my garden that is doing the best what does that say about my garden, the soil etc..?

2 Answers

+1 vote
answered Sep 12, 2013 by Michele Lorenzoni
Hi Myra! nice to meet you!
To find the right herbs to plant near your thyme you can use the "consociation botton" of Grow the Planet.
Try it in section "GROW": in that page you have to click on "Plan & Design", then click on "manage" (on the right of your plants) and select "intercrop with". I've tried it for you but there are not indicateed plants.
My thyme is intercroped with parsley, oregano and chives.
(sorry for my english...)
Thank you for you help, I love this website, I am learning so much, unfortunately I only speak English. I will try Oregano, that is a good idea, thank you.
If you plant tomatoes near your herbs like thyme, basil, oregano they say it improves the tomatoes flavor.
+1 vote
answered Jan 23, 2014 by Mamie Jay
Thyme grows best in dry, calcareous soil,  "poor" soil; you can even see plants at times growing in between the stones of a garden wall.

As Michele told you, most aromatic herbs get on well together, and thyme in particular goes well with almost all kinds of vegetables.