what can I grow in San Diego for winter?

+1 vote
asked Nov 9, 2013 by phani AVADHANAM
I live in 92128 zip code in CA -

what are the best vegetables that I can grow during Nov thry March time frame in this area?

2 Answers

0 votes
answered Nov 11, 2013 by Michele Lorenzoni
Hi Phani! Grow the Planet database will send you the correct tips to grow your own vegetables garden; the only thing you have to do is to create a virtual garden in the section "GROW". In this part of the site you'll can select "season vegetables" and find out the right vegetables to grow in your climatic area in this period! Good Luck!

Michele (and sorry for my uncorrect English :-P )
Winters almost over but you can grow (brassica families) broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, chard, beets, lettuces, bok choy, onions, garlic
Hope this info help you for next season.
Probably  anything you want Check USDA region map & catalogues from your area. Stay away from the big guys.
0 votes
answered Apr 21 by ann chriss

Winter herb gardening is ideal if you enjoy container growing, as I do. If the garden is “contained,” I figure it's less likely to turn wild and beyond my control as our back yard did this last rainy winter. It's still a fright to look at.
My sturdy French thyme and delicately flavored Chinese chives braved winter and stretch up boldly through an overgrowth of tall grasses. Bright blue borage flowers and orange nasturtiums, planted years ago and known for their vigorous reseeding still decorate my back yard, too. Borage flowers are edible, with a cucumber flavor; peppery nasturtium flowers can be chopped to top salads.
To plant your container cool-season herb garden, take your choice of old half-barrels, terra-cotta and faux terra-cotta pots, plastic or wooden boxes and outdoor windowsill containers. There are wide selections of these at any home and garden outlet, where you'll also find soil mixes, mulches, fertilizers and many accessories like small rocks or water features. The assistance of custom essay writing service helps students understand the basics of every custom written paper, as well as the elements of creative writing.